Sheet-metal wall lamp, called “LC II”, with blue-grey lacquer, “basin”-type shade in sheet metal with an interior aluminium reflector. The shade rotates on two lateral pivots and is assembled on a square-section iron stand, the whole supported on a rectangular iron plate with a hole for wall attachment. Powered by electricity by two lamps.
Circa 1954. Dimensions: Height: 7.68 in / 19,5 cm. Width : 22.24 in / 56,5 cm. Depth : 16.34 in / 41,5 cm. (+/-).
Provenance: Certain terraces at the rear of the High Court in Chandigarh, sector 1.
Note : This wall fixture was also used for the Spinner’s Palace (1955) and Villa Sarabhai (1955) in Ahmedabad.
Photo Ref.: Catalogue Christie’s, similar model, sale on 05/06/2007 in New York, lot no. 281, page 139. Sold for $14400 / €11189.
Photo ref.: Similar model in "Le Corbusier Pierre Jeanneret l'Aventure Indienne" by Eric Touchaleaume and Gérald Moreau, page 600 under reference: LC-LU-06-A.